ALLERGIC SKIN DISEASE THERAPY
- Allergic Skin Disease Medication must be individualized to your particular pet's clinical signs and causes of the allergic reaction.
- Wait 48 hours before bathing <animal> if FRONTLINE TOPSPOT™ drops have been applied.
- Scrub in Medicated Shampoo and leave on skin ten (10) minutes before rinsing. Repeat every 7-10-l4 day. Scrub in well--remember it is a skin problem--not a hair problem! Always Use COOL Water to decrease itching.
- Apply FRONTLINE TOPSPOT™ 48 Hours After Bath. Do NOT Bathe For 48 Hours AFTER Application For Best Long-Acting Results.
- Spray LIGHTLY with prescribed Coat Moisturizer once daily- rub in well. Don't overuse. (Do NOT Apply 48 Hours Before Or After TOPSPOT™ Application)
- Give Antibiotics as directed by your veterinarian for skin infection.
- Apply FRONTLINE TOPSPOT™ once each month For Flea & Tick Control.
- Recheck in 14 days.
- Treat House and Yard at least once each month for flea control. House must be treated every 7 - 14 days for 6 weeks if a severe flea problem exist.
- Observe the <animal> ‘s stool for any sign of tapeworms, which are spread by fleas. Tapeworms pass short, white segments in the stool which look similar to rice.
- Give fatty acid / zinc supplement as directed.
- Labs on thyroid function can be run in the clinic.
- Fungal culture results usually take 10-14 days.
- Notify the clinic if <animal>’s condition recurs following treatment, if scratching continues for more than five (5) days, if skin appears infected, or your pet does not look healthy.
- Feed only HIGH QUALITY FOOD. PREMIUM foods often will solve the problem when food allergies are involved. LAMB & RICE DIETS works well in many cases involving food allergy.
- Treat all other pets for fleas. (Use FRONTLINE TOPSPOT™ on ALL Pets.)
- Consider Allergy Testing for Recurrent Cases. Many cases can be helped significantly
DO NOT APPLY ANY OTHER MEDICINES TO THE SKIN WITHOUT CHECKING FIRST
|© 2017 VetgateGlobal.com||Terms and Conditions|