Your pet has a weight problem! This may be very detrimental to its health and is responsible for many chronic medical problems.
PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH OBESITY INCLUDE:
- Arthritis, "slipped disc," and torn or strained ligaments.
- Respiratory problems associated with endurance and exercise.
- Heart problems from overwork.
- Liver disease.
- Dystocia - difficulty in giving birth.
- Heat Stroke - due to a decreased ability to control heat.
- Skin problems.
- Excessive gas and/or constipation.
- Lowered resistance to disease.
- Anal gland impaction and infection.
- Increased risk for anesthesia and surgery.
OBESITY REDUCES YOUR PET'S LIFE SPAN!!! (And also its enjoyment of life!)
CAUSES OF OBESITY:
OVEREATING!! (90% of all cases)
- Lack of exercise.
- Lowered metabolism.
- Emotional trauma.
- Hormonal imbalances.
We are interested in all phases of disease prevention, and will work closely with you to reduce your pet's weight.
SUCCESS DEPENDS ON TOTAL COOPERATION!!
- Decrease food intake 40% - this means feed about 1/2 the normal amount fed
- Spread the total daily ration throughout the day.
- Several small feedings are recommended instead of one or two larger meals.
- Snacks MUST NOT BE GIVEN!
- One daily pet tab vitamin is ALL that is permissible.
- The pet does NOT really care about the snack, but rather the attention it gets.
- Keep the pet out of the kitchen/dining area at meal times.
- Feed only Prescription Diet OM.
- I have had no success feeding other commercially prepared foods or homemade diets.
- Commercial Low-Calorie Diets may be used once the weight is removed to prevent regaining weight.
- Expect your pet to lose 1-2 pounds EACH week maximum.
|© 2017 VetgateGlobal.com||Terms and Conditions|